Beauty on a Budget- Money Savers, and Budget Friendly Products
August 10, 2018
The Importance of Journaling as an Entrepreneur
July 24, 2018
3 Ways to Maximize Your Time
August 17, 2018
Mission:Find the Right Lipstick, Conquer the World
October 30, 2016
After weeks of constant temperature shifts between scorching heat and freezing rain, I think it's safe to say that fall has arrived. Pumpkin everything,cozy sweaters, Thanksgiving and of course fall makeup.
Feel free to wear whatever you'd like all year round however, I must say that in the fall I have a few staples that I lean on. Today I want to share a few of the shades that will be decorating my Starbucks cup all season long.
Lets Get Naked
Fall Nudes for me are quite different from summer nudes. As I begin to lose my summer bronze, I am able to experiment more with blue based cool tone nudes.I am also happy to say that more companies are promoting chocolate brown colors this fall,though unfortunately they have not necessarily been advertised as nude lippies. Here I've compiled a selection of my favorite fall nudes, and nudes with a twist:
1. Ruby Kisses Spicy Brown- True Deep Chocolate Brown- Pairs well with warm golds and orange.
2. NYX Lingerie Teddy- Grey Toned Brown- Pair with a deep brown lip liner for plump full looking lips
3. Tom Ford Vanilla Suede- Pale Cool Toned Traditional Nude - Pair with a skin tone brown lip liner to fit skin tone more effortlessly
4. Colour Pop Cosmetics Kapow- A pink toned grey, I enjoy pairing this with deep berry lip liners
5. MAC Cosmetics Stone- When I want a nude with an edge I throw this on with a dark brown lip liner
6. NYX Lingerie Push Up- A milky pink nude- pair with any of the deeper nude shades in the center of the lip for an an easy ombre lip
7. MAC Cosmetics Modesty- A rosy pink nude for romantic fall looks. Pairs well with berry tones and purples.
Berries Good Enough to Eat
Berry tones on Chocolate Skin, a decadent fall treat. Glossy or Matte, a berry lip pairs well with just about any fall makeup look. I suggest pairing these deeper tones with a lip liner to keep the lines of your lips clean, and defined and prevent the lipsticks from fading throughout the day.
My favorite liner is MAC Cosmetics Night Moth Liner.
On to the Lipsticks:
1. Tom Ford Black Dahlia- A beautiful deep plum shade with a red undertone.You will always find this in my purse.
2. Besame Cosmetics Noir Red- This deep red toned burgundy shade pairs beautifully with bright yellows, oranges, and blues.
3. Colour Pop Cosmetics LAX- This blackened plum shade is life. The long wear matte formula make this lipstick a must have for any night out. (A great dupe for Tom Ford Black Dahlia)
4. Revlon Black Cherry- The name says it all. This glossy burgundy shade pairs beautifully with simple eye and face makeup to make the lips pop and look full.
5. Colour Pop Cosmetics Rooch- This deep rendition of a blue based red is a beautiful fall classic. I love wearing this for a day time vampy look.
6. MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam Ariana Grande-If you love a true blackened plum lipstick,this lipstick absolutely for you.This lipstick makes a powerful statement with smokey eyes.