Beauty on a Budget- Money Savers, and Budget Friendly Products
August 10, 2018
The Importance of Journaling as an Entrepreneur
July 24, 2018
3 Ways to Maximize Your Time
August 17, 2018
January Onyx Box
January 30, 2017
Firstly, I must apologize for my tardy posting this week. The 9-5 life has been very hectic. I promise to do better with my blog schedule. I plan to post every Thursday from now on.
Now, onward to what you are all here for, my review of the January Onyx Box. In December I made the decision to end my subscription with Ipsy and subscribe to Onyx Box instead. I blogged about my experiences with Ipsy and my first Onyx Box in my black owned gift guide post.
Since subscribing to Onyx Box I have been pleased month to month with my products and this month is no exception. Onyx Box sends its subscribers at least $70 worth of products for only $25 each month. Right now they are even offering 20% off for new subscribers on their website.
This month I received 5 products; three of which were makeup, one was for hair, and one multi use.
1. Creme of Nature Argan Oil Treatment - $10
2. Bolden Shea Oil Deluxe Sample- $24 (for the full size)
- I have used the Argan oil to moisturize my extensions. It is a thicker consistency, especially for an Argan oil however, I consider this a benefit. A little of this product goes a long way. I will definitely test it on my natural hair.
- The eyeliner is awesome to tight-line or to use as a base for darker eye shadows. My eyes are far to tear prone to wear it on the water line however, it is very pigmented and creamy.
- My favorite product in this box is the priming gloss stain. The color intimidated me initially however, after testing it out, I love to wear it alone or with a gloss and liner. It is the perfect pink for my complexion, not too rich and also does not look chalky.
So, do I still feel as though Onyx Box is worth my hard earned coin?
Absolutely. The products are of great quality and cover a broad spectrum of my beauty routine. Onyx Box also gives exposure to smaller brands which is a huge plus for me.
I would definitely recommend trying out Onyx box especially with the 20% off discount they are offering right now. If you do try it, be sure to post on Instagram and tag @warpaintedfaces. I love to see what other people receive.